Announcing one of the most awaited events of the year –
Braj Holi: NANDGAON– 5th March 2020
Structured as a day trip, this photography workshop is designed to achieve economy of time and experience the essence of the legendary Holi of Braj.
Braj is world-famous for its startlingly vibrant celebrations of Holi. With the world around us marching ceaselessly towards modernization, this event is a slice of tradition; a short while where it seems that time itself is standing still.
Holi at Nandgaon is celebrated in the most theatrical manner. It is based on folk tradition observed by communities of villages around Braj Bhoomi – Nandgaon, Barsana, Mathura-Vrindavan and Phalen. The riot of colours, people exchanging playful banters, sounds of cheer and folk music pack the temple of Nand Baba, the epicenter of our workshop – making it a ‘must experience’ on one’s wish list.
Who can join?
Any of the 3 below:
1. One who not just has a camera (DSLR/mirrorless) but also knows its basic operations. In a high decibel and fast action destination such as Braj Holi, coaching around basics of photography will not be one of the practical agendas.
2. Phone photographers are equally welcome. In fact our team though consists of all professional photographers invests substantial faith and energy in serious phone photography.
3. Culture & travel enthusiasts (need not be photographers) are free to register as well.
1. Compulsory prerequisite: A 2-hour preparatory workshop is scheduled for Sunday, 1st march 2020 at Photcommune Studio, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi. The workshop will practically coach you to safeguard & cover camera and equipment, instruct on ‘must and must nots’ to get maximum out of your camera, advise personal safety other relevant aspects of necessary consideration at a live mass public event.
2. Fee: INR 3200 including preparatory workshop, boarding & all 3 meals and post-production workshop (after the festival)
3. For bookings & queries, contact : Garima: +91 8595392820 & Amit: +91 9354865018
4. Limited seats based on first come first serve.