Announcing one of the most awaited events of the year –
‘Holi at Nandgaon’ by Photocommune – Sunday 25th February 2018.
Structured as a day trip, this photography workshop is designed to achieve economy of time and experience the essence of the legendary Holi of Braj.
Holi at Nandgaon is celebrated in the most theatrical manner based on folk tradition observed by communities of villages around Braj Bhoomi – Nandgaon, Barsana, Mathura-Vrindavan and Phalen. The riot of colours, people exchanging playful liberties, sounds of cheer and folk music of Vrindavani Holi pack the temple of Nand Baba, the epicentre of our workshop – making it a ‘must experience’ item on one’s wishlist.
Idris Ahmed – Workshop Leader:
Ace travel photographer, Idris Ahmed is a rare combination of an ongoing and comprehensive professional experience in the industry and the ‘art’ of teaching – coaching, helping, leading. Apart from being a sought-after independent professional, he teaches courses and workshops at various institutes, conducts photo-expeditions and runs Photocommune, a collective of photography enthusiasts. He has extensively covered the festival of Holi at all key places of Braj Bhoomi. His pictures of the iconic festival have been widely published and procured by art collectors around the world, given his glorious shots that feel as alive as the event in action itself.
Shubhra Brakh – SPOC for Women:
Photocommune member, Shubhra Brakh is a seasoned traveller experienced in a wide range of travel styles and situations that arise during travel. She has also been to Holi at Nandgaon and similar events. This year she will provide additional support for our women travellers.
Who can join?
Any of the 3 below:
1. One who not just has a camera (DSLR/mirrorless) but also knows its basic operations. In a high decibel and fast action destination such as Nandgaon, coaching around basics of photography will not be one of the practical agendas.
2. Phone photographers are equally welcome. Photocommune is one of the first few organisations that invests substantial faith and energy in serious phone photography.
3. Culture & travel enthusiasts (need not be photographers) are free to register as well. Quite a few members of Photocommune joined as non-photographers simply for the love of creative energy in the group.
1. Compulsory prerequisite: A 2-hour preparatory workshop is scheduled for Sunday, 18th February at Photcommune Studio, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi. The workshop will practically coach you to safeguard & cover camera and equipment, instruct on ‘must and must nots’ to get maximum out of your camera, advise personal safety other relevant aspects of necessary consideration at a live mass public event. More details on registering.
2. Fee: INR 1850 including preparatory workshop, boarding & all 3 meals
3. For bookings & queries, contact
Puneet: +91 9810133470 & Shubhra: +91 7045913497
4. Limited seats based on first come first serve.